Naturopathic Diabetic Management Course
|These are the specifications of the Da Vinci Institute of Holistic Medicine’s
Naturopathic Treatments of Diabetes course:
|1. Awarding Institution / Body:||Da Vinci Institute of Holistic Medicine|
|2. Teaching Institution:||Online and distance learning, with tutor support|
|3. Programme Accredited by:||School of Integrative and Complementary Medicine, University of America, USA|
|4. Final Award||Compulsory course for the Bachelor’s degree in Naturopathy and Holistic Medicine|
|5. Programme title:||Naturopathic Diabetic Management|
|6. Course Code and level:||BNHM6020|
|7. Duration of programme:||One trimester or 12 weeks|
|8. Total number of study hours:||Equivalent of 6 US credits or 90 clock hours of study|
|9. Enrolment requirements:||Students enrolled in the Bachelor’s degree|
|10. Enrolment date:||Second year, Third Trimester|
|11. Fees:||Full payment: €420 Euros Instalment plan: €148 per month for 3 monthly payments.|
This Naturopathic Diabetic Management course takes the student through the demographics of diabetes, the different types of diabetes, the symptoms, the risk factors, the medical diagnosis and treatments and the naturopathic treatments too.
The various causes are discussed which range from food triggers, food intolerances, environmental toxins or diabetogens, the milk and gluten connection, inflammation and the inflammatory molecule LTB4, insulin resistance and how this develops, the role of unhealthy fats in diabetes and the role of GLUT4 glucose transporters and the role to fatty acids.
Naturopathic treatments involve the ketogenic diet, the use of supplements, herbs and homeopathics for diabetes as well as natural foods.
The lessons consist of:
- Lesson 1 – Demographics and Risk Factors
- Lesson 2 – Medical Diagnosis and Treatment
- Lesson 3 – What is Glucose and Insulin
- Lesson 4 – Causes of Type 2 Diabetes
- Lesson 5 – Inflammation and LTB4 as a Major Cause of Diabetes
- Lesson 6 – How Insulin Resistance Develops
- Lesson 7 – Healthy and Unhealthy Fats
- Lesson 8 – The Ketogenic Diet to Reverse Diabetes
- Lesson 9 – The Research behind the Ketogenic Diet
- Lesson 10 – The Da Vinci Ketogenic Diet
- Lesson 11 – How to Get into Ketosis
- Lesson 12 – Key Steps to Succeeding on the Keto Diet
- Lesson 13 – Treating Diabetes Naturally
- Lesson 14 – Putting it All Together: Basic Steps for Treating Diabetes
All course materials are online, including images, videos, animations, assignments and final exams.